Location settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Anotherbadname

Post by Anotherbadname »

Does anyone know how to switch on location settings in the id3. software 3.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Go to user menu, privacy settings. Enable both sets of permissions in there. Then go in to the WeConnectID app, settings, mobile online services and make sure the relevant options are selected.
I would be tempted to also enable the option to share data for vehicle servicing. I only say this because it transpired you have to enable that in order for the car to share trip data for the Tronity app. Maybe Octopus get data in the same way.

I think you might also need an active weconnect plus account. You probably already have this if you had the OTA update. Just double check that if you look in the in-car shop, it isn't there saying you don't have it.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Heather.bow

Post by Heather.bow »

This has worked in my 2022 ID3 but only until I turn the car off. So each day it reverts to disabled location data which is poor. This happen for anyone else?
rosuz52

Post by rosuz52 »

Are you still having this issue? I keep having to change user/privacy settings and still haven’t found a solution to the problem.
Gwydion

Post by Gwydion »

I'm having the same problem which is extremely frustrating. I get home and it needs to tell Octopus that it is at home so that Octopus can start the charging schedule. When I walk away from the car the location data switches itself off - how can I stop that?
:( :( :(