Would you order another ID3?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MattP

Post by MattP »

There will be a lot of people like myself where the lease or pcp deal will be coming to the stage where we need to think about ordering a new car, so would would you order another ID.3 with the experience you’ve had during this time?

Will be Interesting to hear people’s views, and what other car they might consider?

I understand a big Tesla announcement is due on the 1st of March, which might confirm a smaller option which could makes things interesting.

I’ve had no car issues, but like many others the software isn’t the best and is glitchy.

Plus the costs like many others have shot up compared to what we’re paying now.
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I am in this situation and pondering what to do.

If I could get the equivalent of my First Edition for the same price/lease cost I would probably do that. The price rises, and lack of grants/discounts that were available when I got my current car mean that isn't possible though.

It doesn't help that as my dealer admitted last week if I placed an order for a new one today, he can't tell me when I would get it or what the spec. would be because of the upcoming model refresh.

I am leaning towards extending my lease and probably buying an extended warranty, and put off the decision for another 12/18/24 months.
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

I think if I were in the position right now to be coming to the end of a current PCP/lease, given the price hikes on the new facelift models, i'd most certainly be looking elsewhere, unless I could strike up a deal on some existing stock, but even then, i'd still be concerned about the impact of the facelift on used prices.

Personally I think i'd probably be considering a Cupra Born or Tesla Model 3/Y RWD.

As for a cheaper Tesla model, I couldn't see that happening any time soon - even if they announce one, Tesla seem to have a habit of dragging out the launch, so even if they announce a new, smaller model on March 1st, I could see it not hitting the roads until at least 2025.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
NoID3

Post by NoID3 »

No I would not order another. The range is pathetic in winter and their price have recently dropped like a tank.
The software is poor and the metal is flimsy. The new prices are comical they need to be back to £28-£30k for the Family equivalent.
deccauk

Post by deccauk »

Definitely not. In fact, I've just sold mine and bought a lightly used Polestar 2. Everything about that car is better, not least the user interface comprising Android Auto.
MattP

Post by MattP »

Interesting comments. Thanks and keep them coming.
I’ll be honest if I can order a Tesla Y for the same money in six months time it’s for me a no brainer.
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I would definitely have another ID3 if we were in the market again, but will probably keep the current one past three years. I'm considering an ID4 to replace an Octavia later in the year, but now that used prices are becoming more sensible, it would definitely be a used one. If I was looking at hatch now I would look for a pre reg ID3 rather than ordering from factory. They are better value.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

MattP wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:57 am There will be a lot of people like myself where the lease or pcp deal will be coming to the stage where we need to think about ordering a new car
If you did order a new ID3 and get it before I get my first one, I will scream and scream until I'm sick.

I would consider it if the price was right.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

DumfriesDik wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:28 pm
MattP wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:57 am There will be a lot of people like myself where the lease or pcp deal will be coming to the stage where we need to think about ordering a new car
If you did order a new ID3 and get it before I get my first one, I will scream and scream until I'm sick.

I would consider it if the price was right.
😂😂😂 Same and I'll probably kick my couch.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I'll be holding onto my ID3 until we need a bigger car, so I don't think I'd be buying it again solely because I'll be needing a bigger car next time.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Chris

Post by Chris »

No I won’t be having another id3, our tour new is now £48000 and it’s nothing special. I’ll look for something which feels a bit more premium
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

I sold my ID3 and got a new Niro EV in September. I am really enjoying the car. Generally a bit more all round quality .
I am interested in the new ID3 upgrade and hope VW can get a bit more quality and price competitive in this compact EV space. They are much needed.
I don’t like Tesla’s and wouldn’t give my money to Musk who is a far right extremist anyhows. But that’s a different discussion…
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
JohnEG

Post by JohnEG »

Yes.
Fun to drive, comfortable, no problems so far. Not bothered about having the latest trim or gimmicks.
Whenever you buy a car, something better (different?) will come along tomorrow.
Life Pro Performance, White/Black, East Derry Alloys.
Order No: 31558xxx 18/11/21
Delivered 14 November 22
Zappi Charger
Software 3.2.0
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Yes.
I did back in June 😁

Tbh - If they made a small estate (5-600l boot) I’d bite their arm off. 10-15cm longer id3 👍👍 Id4 too tall/wide/suv - MG5 is nearly right size / shape but not for me.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Being that after well over a year they still have not built the first one then NO. I dont think I will ever buy a car from VW again.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Very much doubt it , I sold my first edition in July and bought an Ioniq5, everything works well including the software and App . Its got its faults, no puddle lights and the handles are a pig to see in the dark as they took the pop out feature off my model ,it's showing 4.2 miles to the kilowatt since i got it so well pleased
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
mark83

Post by mark83 »

MattP wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:09 pm Interesting comments. Thanks and keep them coming.
I’ll be honest if I can order a Tesla Y for the same money in six months time it’s for me a no brainer.
That's the route I've just gone down
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

What an interesting question.

Like many, I have waited a very long time for my ID.3 Tour Pro.
I have posted on this site often over the many many months, sometimes about the route causes for some of VW’s woes.

I love my EGolf and I have been impressed by the way it has served me well over the last (nearly) four years.

Why initial gut reaction response to the question is……. probably not.

The VW customer service alone is appalling enough to warrant that response.
However our main interface to VW is via the dealerships, who in my experience have been just as appalled by VW as we are.

In addition, the issues VW have blamed for car delivery delays are not unique to VW, the wider group or any of the other manufacturers.
How VW have dealt with and managed the situation has been…….. interesting……. shall we say.

The thing is, it will be another 4 years before I look to buy another car and who knows what the situation will be like by then.
What new cars will be available, what deals will be on offer, what will be exciting to own or what will be the next must have EV.

Being completely honest, my memory (like many) is short and so my initial gut reaction as stated above will probably not be worth anything by the time the need to have a new car next comes around.

The reality is that, whether I remain loyal to VW or not, will probably be based upon many factors and not necessarily my experience of VW on this occasion.
Current EV: ID.3 Tour Pro S :D
Previous EV: VW EGolf (Sep2019)
Date Ordered: 01/11/2021 :(
Date Finally Delivered: 15/03/2023 :shock:
Deal Honoured: :!: :?: :|
Dealership: Herritage Gl :? :roll: but love the individual people.
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Agree, based on the experience alone. There's a huge difference between delaying builds for any particular reason, and keeping customers informed. There should never have been a moment for anyone to not know why *exactly* their car has not been built yet. If they could just say "we're waiting on matrix LED headlights" and perhaps an estimate on when that would be, that's far better than saying nothing at all, or a generic response every 12 months.

No one blames VW for issues out of their control. It's entirely to do with their lack of communication. So what if there's nothing anyone can do about it? It would still be good to keep customers in the loop.

For me, the main deciding factor will be how well the ID3 holds up during ownership. Every car has its issues, but if it becomes a money pit, then I won't be going for another. There are plenty of alternative EVs to go for now, and my leaf has been very reliable in the past year that I've owned it.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
Ado

Post by Ado »

Yes.

VW haven’t been great in communication but not had KIA, in fact they downright ignored our issues when the EV6 kept breaking down, dealer wasn’t great but KIA UK was worse than a politician.
ID3 family Pro wk34
39 23/09 (until the max arrives)
40 28/09
70 05/10

ID3 family PP (hers)
20 wk37
30 30/09
40 05/10
70 10/10

ID3 max

20 wk11 23/02/23
38 03/04/23