Boat Watching

The place to discuss everything else..
laa_francois

Post by laa_francois »

Dinsdale wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:54 am Just had news this morning that my car is STILL sat at status 38 in Emden. Apperently now there are "shipping issues" as cars to continetnal Europe are in high demand after covid.

I honestly thought this was over Takes them over 15 MONTHS to build a car and now is been sat waiting to ship for 5 WEEKS. Trying to get as much info as I have managed was like getting blood from a stone.

Will be interested to know though has anyone who had BW10 or later actually taken delivery of a car yet?
Apparently there are delays at uk ports processing the cars. It could be that your car is still at Emden as there is no space for it in the UK yet. Mine is a week 10 I think and I know it's arrived at a UK port and has been assigned a reg. I have been told that it's a 10 delay delay to get through the processing at the port.

Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

Will be interested to know though has anyone who had BW10 or later actually taken delivery of a car yet?
That's my BW7 just arrived in the UK (Tyne). There seems to be long delays.
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
generationgav

Post by generationgav »

I'm waiting for my ID.4 - currently status 38 at Emden.
Coming into Grimsby (port 40001)
I've been told the car should be ready in 4-5 weeks, however sounds like this might be very optimistic by people on this thread, unless Grimsby is moving any quicker than the Tyne.
There's currently a vessel in Emden, last time it was in Emden it went to Grimsby, so I've got fingers crossed it'll be on here, but no guarantees. I'm surprised VW can't hold back certain builds if they're just building up at the docks.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Mine is coming into Tyne, but its location 40001 as well, orignally i was told that meant grimsby but now my sheet says port of tyne?? Im really getting lost with these location codes, Im guessing they must just be different stages at the ports?
Mine was BW11 and got to status 38 on 14th March, so its now into its 6th week of the boat queue.
Last edited by Dinsdale on Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
generationgav

Post by generationgav »

Dinsdale wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:15 am Mine is coming into Tyne, but its location 40001 as well, orignally i was told that meant grimsby but now my sheet says port of tyne??
Argh - that's completely my fault and my port (Grimsby) is 40003.
There is a ship leaving to Grimsby 4pm tomorrow, but as far as I know my car is still status 38.
I've been told that my car should definitely be with me by the end of May, but it's a bit worrying when other people have been queuing for a ship this long.
generationgav

Post by generationgav »

Dinsdale wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:27 pm Looking at the size of the car parks at the docks where you can see all the new cars (why are there so many white ones?) but looking at that then my guess for how many the boat drops off is exactly 1.4 shit tons of cars. Usually a car transport (HGV) carries 11 cars when full and make you sort of cringe when you
I was wondering why so many white ones as well, so looked on street view.
Most of the cars seem to have a white protective "wrap" on them including the roofs. I'm wondering if the ones that don't have panaroamic glass roofs instead.
ctbfc

Post by ctbfc »

Dinsdale wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:54 am Just had news this morning that my car is STILL sat at status 38 in Emden. Apperently now there are "shipping issues" as cars to continetnal Europe are in high demand after covid.

I honestly thought this was over Takes them over 15 MONTHS to build a car and now is been sat waiting to ship for 5 WEEKS. Trying to get as much info as I have managed was like getting blood from a stone.

Out of interest have you had any luck with yours yet?

My dealer (Pullman) is awful at keeping me updated. I understand my car was due to arrive at Tyne on 30th May, but there are delays getting the cars out of the Port, which seems to go against what was said above about local dealers getting the cars quickly.

Hoping to hear this week
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

ctbfc wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 am Out of interest have you had any luck with yours yet?

My dealer (Pullman) is awful at keeping me updated. I understand my car was due to arrive at Tyne on 30th May, but there are delays getting the cars out of the Port, which seems to go against what was said above about local dealers getting the cars quickly.

Hoping to hear this week
Yes , my car did get here and was handed over on the 5th May. I really hope you get yours soon, Its just so annoying waiting with no updates from them.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23