Stuck charge flap

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
lbevanger

Post by lbevanger »

My charge flap used to always be open when the car was unlocked. Recently I've had to click the open button on the key to open it (regardless if the rest of the car was open).

Today the flap won't open at all, no matter what I do. I have tried tricks listed elsewhere here – pressing on it while locking and unlocking the car repeatedly, pressing on it extra hard, teasing some WD40 in behind the flap. Nothing works. Any other tips before I take it to the dealers?

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

A few gentle bangs whilst locking/unlocking?

Btw mine has always needed a double key unlock press to unlock it. Unless you’re getting out of the Car.
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

There is a manual pull cord behind a door in the boot.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

MotMot wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:34 pm A few gentle bangs whilst locking/unlocking?

Btw mine has always needed a double key unlock press to unlock it. Unless you’re getting out of the Car.
Mine was the same until V3.0 was installed. Now it opens when the car is unlocked.
The other interesting thing about the flap locking, I remember most of my previous FF cars when the petrol flap was closed, with the car locked, the flap locked into place. I don't think the ID3 does this. i.e. after removing the charging cable, with the car previously locked, closing the flap does not lock it into place and can be opened with the car still locked.
lbevanger

Post by lbevanger »

Tried banging, tapping, locking/unlocking – the works. And the manual pull cord is to release the charging cable, not the charing port (I think?). Tried that too. Took car to VW Stockport yesterday, they said they could "investigate it in June"! After speaking to VW UK and Road Assist, we managed to convince VW Stockport to get us a curtesy car and look at ours next week. Crazy!