Is this the return to cheaper tariffs?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

After six months of paying 32.4p kwh by British Gas, received an offer from Hive (part of BG) for a deal whereby off peak has been re-introduced at 10p kwh between midnight and 5am. In return peak charges rise to 44.85p kwh but gas (dual fuel) goes down slightly to 8.55p kwh compared to 10.18p kwh. Daily charges stay the same but they do give a £100 contribution after month 3.

Did lots of maths and despite not doing a great deal of mileage with two electric cars, it was still worth the change partially because I spend so much on gas. According to BG calculations I should save about £600pa and best of all I am not tied into a lengthy contract.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I'm on the Octopus Gas Tracker right now (seems to float around 5p per kWh.

My 5p/15p per kWh Octopus Go deal ends 21 May, and I'll be moving on to the Electricity tracker - it's floating around 20p per kWh right now. No cheap period, but I did the sums for our mix and its cheaper than 12p/42p per kWh Go or any other smart BEV focussed Octopus tariff.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

ive had an email today that my intelligent octopus tarrif has dropped by 25% night rate to 7.5p and day rate by 7% to 39.5p which was a lovely supprise. email also mentioned that they are planning to lower all tarrifs in july if all goes to plan. part of email below.

"As a collective, Octopus EV drivers are now the UK’s largest virtual power plant, balancing the grid with enough combined battery storage to power Leicester for an hour – and every smart tariff customer helps make the most of cheap green electrons when they’re abundant.

The smart scheduling behind Intelligent Octopus allows for even more flexibility – and like most smart tech, this gets better and more efficient as it gets bigger.

From midnight tonight, your Intelligent prices are dropping.

You don’t need to do anything; your new rates kick in from midnight (that’s 00:00 on Friday 21st April).

Your overnight price is dropping 25% to 7.5p / kWh (incl VAT).

Your day price is dropping to 39.5 p / kWh (incl VAT) – a 7% price cut on average.

Though the energy market is still in a precarious spot, wholesale prices are (in general) falling. If things continue on the same trend, it’s looking likely that energy prices for all tariffs, regardless of flexibility, will be able to drop below the government-subsidised rate from around July."
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

MattgID3 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:23 pm ive had an email today that my intelligent octopus tarrif has dropped by 25% night rate to 7.5p and day rate by 7% to 39.5p which was a lovely supprise. email also mentioned that they are planning to lower all tarrifs in july if all goes to plan. part of email below.

"As a collective, Octopus EV drivers are now the UK’s largest virtual power plant, balancing the grid with enough combined battery storage to power Leicester for an hour – and every smart tariff customer helps make the most of cheap green electrons when they’re abundant.

The smart scheduling behind Intelligent Octopus allows for even more flexibility – and like most smart tech, this gets better and more efficient as it gets bigger.

You don’t need to do anything; your new rates kick in from midnight (that’s 00:00 on Friday 21st April).

Your day price is dropping to 39.5 p / kWh (incl VAT) – a 7% price cut on average.

Though the energy market is still in a precarious spot, wholesale prices are (in general) falling. If things continue on the same trend, it’s looking likely that energy prices for all tariffs, regardless of flexibility, will be able to drop below the government-subsidised rate from around July."
Just had my EV charger installed so I'm trying to switch from the regular octopus tariff to intelligent. Stuck in an infinite loop on their website though, I answer all the questions and then loops back to the start!
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Octopus referral code - https://share.octopus.energy/ready-ape-905
(Currently £100 split 50/50)
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

EdinburghID3 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:56 pm
MattgID3 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:23 pm ive had an email today that my intelligent octopus tarrif has dropped by 25% night rate to 7.5p and day rate by 7% to 39.5p which was a lovely supprise. email also mentioned that they are planning to lower all tarrifs in july if all goes to plan. part of email below.

Just had my EV charger installed so I'm trying to switch from the regular octopus tariff to intelligent. Stuck in an infinite loop on their website though, I answer all the questions and then loops back to the start!
Usually better to call Octopus up. Sometimes they will switch you straight away, sometimes you have to fill in a form, but IME it's always better than using the website.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:25 pm
EdinburghID3 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:56 pm

Usually better to call Octopus up. Sometimes they will switch you straight away, sometimes you have to fill in a form, but IME it's always better than using the website.
To be fair to them, sent a message on Twitter, they replied straight away by emailing me a link and done it all through the app. Now set up. Can't fault their customer service.
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Octopus referral code - https://share.octopus.energy/ready-ape-905
(Currently £100 split 50/50)