We Connect after 3.2 Update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
ChrisCSL

Post by ChrisCSL »

Since getting the iD3 back today after a week in the garage getting the 3.2 update completed, the car now thinks I'm a guest user not the Primary. Trying to log back in as Primary with We Connect doesn't work as it's asking for an S-PIN. Logging into We Connect via a computer shows that I do not have an S-PIN set up but offers no way of editing or doing so. At the moment I the We Connect App is limited to no info or control until I get this resolved.

Any ideas?

Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

This is one the of the 'features' of v 3.x software. You can reset your S-PIN by logginng into your id account on a computer, go to 'settings' tab and then 'manage S-PIn' where you reset it. When I had to do this, it took overnight for the car/ vw systems to be updated with the new S-PIN, but I could then log in. Once in, you can set it so you don't have to enter the S-PIN agagin - I think from one of the setttings off the users page. Hope this helps
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels
ChrisCSL

Post by ChrisCSL »

Thanks Stig,
Unfortunately the "Manage S-PIN" is greyed out and doesn't open. I'm at a loss.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

And you are clicking on the downward arrow \/ at the end rather than the text??
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Pepet2

Post by Pepet2 »

Chris, I too had my 1st edition updated on Friday from SW version 2.4 to 3.2 but didn't get to collect vehicle until yesterday. Have exactly the same issue as you have ! Did spend an hour on the phone to We connect support in the afternoon but their rep, despite her best attempts, was unable to resolve the problem. I sent them a screenshot of my phone app and of the cars user screen, so that they can investigate this issue further. Will update this board once I hear something back from them or manage to resolve the matter another way.
Rossab

Post by Rossab »

Just had the 3.2 update I have the same problem asking for the s pin but it’s greyed out any news on what to do ?
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Have you set up the s-pin on the my Volkswagen website as opposed to the car?
Rossab

Post by Rossab »

Tried like I said it’s greyed out can’t do anything.
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Ok, you were never asked to set up an s-pin when you originally set up the we connect I’d app?
Pepet2

Post by Pepet2 »

Simon, I too had this problem after collecting my car on Saturday, following the software update last Friday. I don't recall ever setting up a pin when I first got the car in December 2020 but memory isn't what it used to be ! However, in the We Connect section on the My Volkswagen website, every line, including Manage S-PIN is greyed out for me and it does state against that line 'You have not yet created an S-PIN.'

Rossab, We connect support informed me after I raised the issue with them, that a solution had been determined by their technical experts. Unfortunately it entails another visit to VW workshop ' for the appropriate measures to be taken ' ..... whatever that means ? Evidently some technical info has been forwarded to my local dealership and the car is booked in to get it sorted ( 22nd May) . Sorry, won't know anything further until then !
Rossab

Post by Rossab »

No ho'pefully just a glitch I like the new updates in the software just would like the app to work .
Rossab

Post by Rossab »

Pepet2 thanks for the info I’ve emailed via the app vw let’s see what they say hopefully not another visit to dealers .
Rossab

Post by Rossab »

Hi guys just to let you know I’m all sorted now to fix this issue you just have to delete your car in the app then set up again then it asks for a s- pin create one then log in again .
Pepet2

Post by Pepet2 »

Rossab ...... Top man ! Just followed your fix and am now up and running : ) . You sir should be working for the We Connect support team. Many thanks.
Rossab

Post by Rossab »

👍
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

I've just been through this palaver after getting 3.2 installed.

As others have found, my app wouldn't let me enter an s-pin, however there was a QR code displayed on the infotainment screen when my login failed, and it linked through to a page where I was able to configure the s-pin.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515