So long and thanks for all the fish..

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

HI all,

We're moving on from our iD3 to another brand.

Many thanks for all the assistance and help since we started with ours back in December 2020, the people on this forum are GREAT!

Wishing all the best of luck and enjoyment for the future and future updates.

Take care!

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Best Wishes and Good Luck with the new wheels.. Out of interest what was the finally mileage on it?
Chris

Post by Chris »

What’s you new car?
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Love the thread title!
Deleted User 314

G43FAN wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:45 pm Best Wishes and Good Luck with the new wheels.. Out of interest what was the finally mileage on it?
72K km, we got 30K Euros for it.
Last edited by Deleted User 314 on Mon May 15, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 314

Chris wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:15 pm What’s you new car?
Ended up with an EQA 250+. The size of car was always important (iD3 perfect for parking) but with an ageing family the range was becoming more and more "anxious". We were always changing after 3 years, a death in the family just accelerated the need for range flexibility.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Today I have decided to move on from my Tour.
I'm remaining within VAG and I have ordered a Skoda Enyaq 85 Edition Coupe. Comes with the 210kW motor with the 77kWh battery and S/W 4.0.
Been quoted 13+ weeks for delivery.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

@Newfie you spent longer waiting for the ID3 than you owned it!! Enjoy the Skoda when it comes.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Newfie wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:16 pm Today I have decided to move on from my Tour.
I'm remaining within VAG and I have ordered a Skoda Enyaq 85 Edition Coupe. Comes with the 210kW motor with the 77kWh battery and S/W 4.0.
I would really like one of those to replace my Octavia, I just can't justify another new car purchase. Enjoy it!
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Enjoy Newfie. Did you get a decent trade in for the Tour?
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

I also have to compliment the forum as the info available and the empathy displayed whilst waiting for our ID3 to be built. We ordered August 21 and received in April 23.

We are also moving on as I now use a wheelchair, we love the ID3. However choosing between my wheels or clothing when we go away is an issue.

We ordered a Enyaq 85x sportline, as the boot is cavernous. Ordered 7th October, car is built and should collect next month. I’d guess we received a preorder or a cancellation.

Either way we’ve been converted to EV’s and look forwards to many more years of having one. Thank you all and it’s been a pleasure. I will continue to monitor the forum as it’s been so friendly and helpful.
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Twisted enigma wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:53 am I also have to compliment the forum as the info available and the empathy displayed whilst waiting for our ID3 to be built. We ordered August 21 and received in April 23.

We are also moving on as I now use a wheelchair, we love the ID3. However choosing between my wheels or clothing when we go away is an issue.

We ordered a Enyaq 85x sportline, as the boot is cavernous. Ordered 7th October, car is built and should collect next month. I’d guess we received a preorder or a cancellation.

Either way we’ve been converted to EV’s and look forwards to many more years of having one. Thank you all and it’s been a pleasure. I will continue to monitor the forum as it’s been so friendly and helpful.

Hello there,
Looking at your timings being a Motability customer (as am I), I'm guessing you had to end the lease for the ID.3 and switch to a more appropriate car(?) Were Motability amiable?
I'm not out of contract until August, so I'll be ordering a new car around May/June time, but I was just wondering if it was a smooth termination of your existing contract. I've only had to end my contract early, due to a divorce, and they were as good as gold. (the divorce was getting on for 30 years ago and I haven't looked back since!)
Good luck with the Skoda - they've come a long long way, in my lifetime. I'm currently thinking about the latest Hyundai Kona EV but anything can happen between now and then...
Take care
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

StuartT wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:17 pm
Twisted enigma wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:53 am I also have to compliment the forum as the info available and the empathy displayed whilst waiting for our ID3 to be built. We ordered August 21 and received in April 23.

Hello there,
Looking at your timings being a Motability customer (as am I), I'm guessing you had to end the lease for the ID.3 and switch to a more appropriate car(?) Were Motability amiable?
I'm not out of contract until August, so I'll be ordering a new car around May/June time, but I was just wondering if it was a smooth termination of your existing contract. I've only had to end my contract early once, due to a divorce, and they were as good as gold. (the divorce was getting on for 30 years ago and I haven't looked back since!)
Good luck with the Skoda - they've come a long long way, in my lifetime. I'm currently thinking about the latest Hyundai Kona EV but anything can happen between now and then...
Take care
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Hello there,
I'm not out of contract until August, so I'll be ordering a new car around May/June time, but I was just wondering if it was a smooth termination of your existing contract. I've only had to end my contract early once, due to a divorce, and they were as good as gold. (the divorce was getting on for 30 years ago and I haven't looked back since!)
Take care
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Hello there,
Take care
fatman

Post by fatman »

Newfie wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:16 pm Today I have decided to move on from my Tour.
hi is it sportsline plus? my next car
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

StuartT wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:35 pm

Hello there,
Take care
Motability were a dream, due to change of circumstances and the requirement for space. They allowed the change, it cost me £50 I think. I did also have to evidence I had explored things like roof boxes, which the ID3 max won’t entertain. They were fab and I’m excited but will miss the ID3, that being said I’ve been converted to the EV by it.

We liked the Kona, at the time the Enyaq was the biggest boot/range/power available. Plus with Skoda being owned under the same umbrella, it feels a lot like the ID3 inside.
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Please forgive my cocked-up attempts at editing my previous post... 😁
It's good to hear about your positive Motability experience, in the thirty years I've been with them they've improved the scheme enormously (you used to have to pay for hand-controls and the choices and advanced payments are so much better) and I'm the same as you, the ID.3 has changed me from analogue to digital motoring.
Enjoy the Skoda 👍
phixion

Post by phixion »

Prices on Motability price lists are insane at the moment, I often check them out to see what I'd go for if I was switching cars right now. Even non-electric are expensive.

Remember the price lists change every 3 months.

1 January
1 April
1 July
1 October

If you already have a car and the prices are insane, it may be an idea to extend your current lease and wait for the next update in the price list and chance the prices dropping--they could of course rise but I already think they are on the expensive side at the moment.

2 years ago when I was looking at the ID.3, they were initially priced at £4,000+, we extended our lease and on the next price update we got the ID.3 Tour Pro S for £1250, quite a discount!

If I had to choose a car within my budget right now, I'd also be looking at the Skoda Enyaq Coupe 210kW 85 Edition 82kWh 5dr Auto... Looks like a fantastic car for the advance payment.

And yes, nothing but good things to say about Motability, they have always been good to us... They had my back when Europcar tried to scam me, they also helped me source tyres fast when I had a puncture. At one point I had so many issues with bluetooth on a VW Golf they offered to end the contract early so I could move to another car brand.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Moving on from my Max, ordered the enyaq 85x sportline estate this morning and was quoted 13+ weeks.

I've loved the max and hated it at times 😂

I would like to thank everyone on here for all the knowledge, troubleshooting etc that I've taken advantage of and the general chit chat. A bunch of good guys 👍
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23