Synchronisation

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

Can anyone tell me how too Synchronise my id3 with the online account. Vehicle says that the setting online needs to be given permission but I have no idea where or how to do it. TIA.
VW id3 1st Edition Moonstone Grey
Octopus referral. www.share.octopus.energy/harsh-hippo-272

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

What software are you on?

If you are on 3.0 or later, there is a synchronise now button in the app, at the bottom of the settings screen. But it should do it automatically at regular intervals and when you do anything through the app.

If it doesn't work, you also need to enabled permissions for everything. First in the car, again if you are on 3.0+ it's in users/settings/privacy stuff. On 2.3/4 I on't remember needing to do this. Then in the app, go to settings, mobile online services and tick everything you are happy to in there.
If you have just updated to 3.0 or 3.2 software you'll also need to order weconnect and weconnect plus through the in-car shop. If you are on 2.3/2.4 you don't need to do this.

If still no luck, you could try looking for anything relevant in your account on the website. Myvolkswagen.co.uk, login with your weconnectID account.

Hope some of that helps.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

sidehaas wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:28 pm What software are you on?

If you are on 3.0 or later, there is a synchronise now button in the app, at the bottom of the settings screen. But it should do it automatically at regular intervals and when you do anything through the app.

If it doesn't work, you also need to enabled permissions for everything. First in the car, again if you are on 3.0+ it's in users/settings/privacy stuff. On 2.3/4 I on't remember needing to do this. Then in the app, go to settings, mobile online services and tick everything you are happy to in there.
If you have just updated to 3.0 or 3.2 software you'll also need to order weconnect and weconnect plus through the in-car shop. If you are on 2.3/2.4 you don't need to do this.

If still no luck, you could try looking for anything relevant in your account on the website. Myvolkswagen.co.uk, login with your weconnectID account.

Hope some of that helps.
I am on 3.2 from yesterday but have been unable to download anything from the shop as the site is be8ng worked on.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Idmania3 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:10 pm

Hope some of that helps.
I am on 3.2 from yesterday but have been unable to download anything from the shop as the site is be8ng worked on.
That'll be your problem then. I'd suggest checking if you are able to get WeConnect and WeConnect contracts hrough the website, it might work. Otherwise you need the incar shop to work.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Idmania3 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:10 pm

Hope some of that helps.
This is exactly the issue we are having as well after our update to 3.2. Cant get the privacy option son the app to work (location, etc) due to no weconnect plus which you can only get from the online shop ir the shop in the car, neither of which work for us.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

I had this problem this is how I solved it. I am not sure whether this is your problem exactly but here goes.
Login in to my Volkswagen using your WeConnect id.
At the tip of the page you see garage/ settings.

Select garage and scroll down and you will come to WeConnectshop, click on that and enter you Volkswagen I’d and password again. This will take you to the shop( it is working I have just tried it) buy WeConnect plus and the other apps you see. Once you do this after a short while you should be able to open the shop you will then see WeConnect plus and weconnect both ticked and the apps will be available for download( there are three of them service, we charge and games). The functions like parking position etc should then work. On the privacy thing the user needs to be set to online and send location data for it to work. That setting can be adjusted from the user icon in the infotainment system. One thing to note if you have multiple users only the primary user has full access to all the available options. Hope that helps.
Idmania3

Post by Idmania3 »

simonmaskell wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:44 pm I had this problem this is how I solved it. I am not sure whether this is your problem exactly but here goes.
Login in to my Volkswagen using your WeConnect id.
At the tip of the page you see garage/ settings.

Select garage and scroll down and you will come to WeConnectshop, click on that and enter you Volkswagen I’d and password again. This will take you to the shop( it is working I have just tried it) buy WeConnect plus and the other apps you see. Once you do this after a short while you should be able to open the shop you will then see WeConnect plus and weconnect both ticked and the apps will be available for download( there are three of them service, we charge and games). The functions like parking position etc should then work. On the privacy thing the user needs to be set to online and send location data for it to work. That setting can be adjusted from the user icon in the infotainment system. One thing to note if you have multiple users only the primary user has full access to all the available options. Hope that helps.
Thank you. I will give this a try tomorrow.