Auto closure of windows not working after 3.2 upgrade

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
fin

Post by fin »

I often leave my front windows open (during the recent hot weather at least) and then close them using the key fob (press and hold lock button). This was working fine until the car went in for the 3.2 upgrade this week and since then it's not working. The windows themselves are working when using the switches inside the car, and I took both keys to the dealer when the upgrade was done (I've tried them both and neither works).

Has anyone else experienced this or could advise a fix?

eyedeethree

Post by eyedeethree »

I havent noticed that but have a slightly different problem with my windows. If I open my windows down to say, half way (or less than fully open) - when I eventually want to close them and apply the switch to close, they open fully. Driver or passengers have the same problem. Whats that all about?

I'll try the issue you mention tomorrow as the missus out in it at the mo..
O/no 31540***
O/Date 6th Nov 2021
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

fin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:46 pm I often leave my front windows open (during the recent hot weather at least) and then close them using the key fob (press and hold lock button). This was working fine until the car went in for the 3.2 upgrade this week and since then it's not working. The windows themselves are working when using the switches inside the car, and I took both keys to the dealer when the upgrade was done (I've tried them both and neither works).

Has anyone else experienced this or could advise a fix?
Have you checked the setting for it in the vehicle menu as it needs switching on?
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
VengefulSeal

Post by VengefulSeal »

eyedeethree wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:40 pm I havent noticed that but have a slightly different problem with my windows. If I open my windows down to say, half way (or less than fully open) - when I eventually want to close them and apply the switch to close, they open fully. Driver or passengers have the same problem. Whats that all about?

There is a way to 'reset' the windows on VAG cars - I've had to do it on a Skoda and my last Arteon. Maybe after the upgrade they've lost the setting?

Can't remember 100% on this, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but something along the lines of open windows fully and then keep the open button pressed for 5-10 seconds. Close them and keep close button for 5-10 seconds. It's almost like you need to reset the upper and lower limits.

Worth a go..
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

eyedeethree wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:40 pm I havent noticed that but have a slightly different problem with my windows. If I open my windows down to say, half way (or less than fully open) - when I eventually want to close them and apply the switch to close, they open fully. Driver or passengers have the same problem. Whats that all about?

I think I experienced what you describe, but thought I was imagining it.
generationgav

Post by generationgav »

Once you've updated to 3.2 I'd strongly advise that you factory reset your head unit, once it's been factory reset then go through the settings and "reset" them, such as the convenience window settings, if it's not working then change it back to "off" then back to "all"
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

VengefulSeal wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:35 am

There is a way to 'reset' the windows on VAG cars - I've had to do it on a Skoda and my last Arteon. Maybe after the upgrade they've lost the setting?

Can't remember 100% on this, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but something along the lines of open windows fully and then keep the open button pressed for 5-10 seconds. Close them and keep close button for 5-10 seconds. It's almost like you need to reset the upper and lower limits.

Worth a go..
Yes. Definitely worth trying this.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fin

Post by fin »

I tried opening and then closing all the windows in turn (holding each button for 5-10 seconds once the window was fully down or up), then locked the car and waited 10 minutes. After this I lowered all 4 windows, waited a couple of minutes and then the auto closure worked.

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated.