Intelligent Octopus price drop for peak time usage

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I just switched to Intelligent Octopus. My peak time rate is only 31.21p / kWh, which is a tiny increment over the standard tariff of 30.9p /kWh. Previously I'd been reluctant to switch as the price differential was more like 10p. Now it seems a complete no-brainer, so I get to charge my ID.3 at just 7.5p, which is quite a reduction from the 40p I was paying yesterday!
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.

MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

duncsand wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:10 am I just switched to Intelligent Octopus. My peak time rate is only 31.21p / kWh, which is a tiny increment over the standard tariff of 30.9p /kWh. Previously I'd been reluctant to switch as the price differential was more like 10p. Now it seems a complete no-brainer, so I get to charge my ID.3 at just 7.5p, which is quite a reduction from the 40p I was paying yesterday!
Agile is very cheep option too, dropping to -19 pence per KW tomorrow with most of the day up to 4pm minus pricing.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Tracker is 8.41p today! YIPPEEEE
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

I posted similar the other day although I didn’t realise the IO price was more or less the same as the new cap on the regular tariff. Absolute no brainer to switch to IO now.
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Octopus referral code - https://share.octopus.energy/ready-ape-905
(Currently £100 split 50/50)
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

Just had an email stating prices dropping again from 1st July. Off peak rate falling to 7p per kWh and peak rate to 22.965p per kWh. :-)
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Think I may switch from the Tracker to IOG very soon.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:30 pm Think I may switch from the Tracker to IOG very soon.
I was looking at going the other way but currently averaging 17p per kwh which will drop with the price changes above so think it makes sense to stay.

Still on the tracker for Gas though, that made a massive difference to our gas bill!
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

EdinburghID3 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:40 pm
DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:30 pm Think I may switch from the Tracker to IOG very soon.
I was looking at going the other way but currently averaging 17p per kwh which will drop with the price changes above so think it makes sense to stay.

Still on the tracker for Gas though, that made a massive difference to our gas bill!
I switched from Tracker to IO a month ago and just got our first bill, so far have averaged a price of 14p so that's cheaper than Tracker now. I guess it would be 11-13p with the rate reductions. Happy with that! Our energy usage in the cheap periods is approximately double our usage the rest of the time. I have found so far that Intelligent almost always runs extra cheap slots up to our 8am departure time, so kettle, coffee machine, microwave in the morning are all at cheap rate too (not that it's very much).
It looks like I got charged high rate for an hour of charging once. I think this was when the charging failed overnight and I had to top it up in the morning (I am using Ohme integration without the api link so that I can charge both our cars on IO, but I think doing it via ID3 integration would be more reliable.)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22). Also an ID.4 Max. Ohme Home Pro charger.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I swapped a couple of weeks ago now. I had a couple of short 10% charges as the location services keeps turning itself off. Keep an eye on that if anyone is having problems.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max