ID.3 Battery Warranty Recall

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MarkyBoy7

Post by MarkyBoy7 »

Hi All,

My ID.3 (1st Edition) is being recalled for the warranty work on the battery. Apparently this will involve a firmware upgrade (to v3 or the latest version). Does anybody know or have experience of this and can you tell me whether this addresses any issues with setting and running the Charging scheduler (I use a Pod Point Charger at home)?
Many thanks in advance

https://share.octopus.energy/noble-fawn-371
Switch over to Octopus energy and earn yourself £50 off your energy bill (I will also get £50 off mine!)

smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

MarkyBoy7 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:20 am Hi All,

My ID.3 (1st Edition) is being recalled for the warranty work on the battery. Apparently this will involve a firmware upgrade (to v3 or the latest version). Does anybody know or have experience of this and can you tell me whether this addresses any issues with setting and running the Charging scheduler (I use a Pod Point Charger at home)?
Many thanks in advance

Hello . This question is covered extensively across this forum but in short the answers are.
1. Battery recall - this is a 'inspection' first to see if there are cells need replacing and if there are the car can be scheduled for repair (i don't know more)
2. The software update is to 3.2 whilst might be 3.1 installed at the dealer and 3.2 finishing itself off after you collect the car
3. 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 do have working scheduling although for me I found that it did not always reliability remember that at home I want to charge at scheduled times

After the update, you will also be able to use Inteligent Octopus.
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
MarkyBoy7

Post by MarkyBoy7 »

Thank you for responding, really appreciate that. I guess I'll have to see what the results are and report back.
Switch over to Octopus energy and earn yourself £50 off your energy bill (I will also get £50 off mine!)

M100

Post by M100 »

The downside is that replacing a main battery cell is only possible in a number of VW workshops and can take a long time because of the number of models needing the work. My ID3 1st edition has been in West London (sent by my local dealer) for 6 weeks and I am not expecting it back for at least another 2 weeks. I took it in for an update to 3.0, the fault was discovered during the update and I was told it was no longer driveable. I have an ICE Golf from the dealer, who has been great, but I miss my ID! It was fine before - I only wanted the update to get on to Intelligent Octopus.
MarkyBoy7

Post by MarkyBoy7 »

Oh dear, sorry to hear that but I'm with you in that I just want thee Octopus Intelligent. My ID3 is going off Chester for the upgrade and my local dealer are providing a car in the meantime. No timeframe given but my assumption is that it'll be a couple of days - unless they find an issue!! Hope you get yours back soon!

Neilg3

Post by Neilg3 »

Has anyone else noticed a large drop in range at the recall? My ID3 had an 80% range of 209 miles prior to the recall last summer it's now 174 miles. If you did how was it resolved.
Midgex

Post by Midgex »

Neilg3 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:03 pm Has anyone else noticed a large drop in range at the recall? My ID3 had an 80% range of 209 miles prior to the recall last summer it's now 174 miles. If you did how was it resolved.
I'm tempted to think that was an improvement in precision of measuring or estimating, rather than a change in the range, but I know nothing.
ar76

Post by ar76 »

Neilg3 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:03 pm Has anyone else noticed a large drop in range at the recall? My ID3 had an 80% range of 209 miles prior to the recall last summer it's now 174 miles. If you did how was it resolved.
My car has 190 miles range at 100%. Is that bad? The mileage is only 1600. When it was new it stated 230. How can I tell if mine is a 1st edition? I picked it up new in November but was told it was end of the previous range.

ID.3 150kW Max Pro Perform 58kWh
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

All these examples are just due to the GOM estimates.
In particular when you get a software update the estimate become based only on consumption since the update, so if it's winter they drop. None of the recent posts above indicate a problem. It'll come back in spring.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Neilg3

Post by Neilg3 »

The charged range actually dropped in the summer and has not improved