Odometer not updating in App

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
RS6484

Post by RS6484 »

Running 3.2 without issue. Volkswagen app installed and all ok until a few days ago when the odometer has stopped updating when the app synchronises. As far as I can tell everything else is ok: battery, range, departure times etc.

The only thing I have done new is installing Tronity and that is also showing the same data as the Volkswagen app. The car however shows more mileage than both apps and does change as I drive.

fatman

Post by fatman »

same here car shows 33107and app 33018
any one can ched light on this please.
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

fatman wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:53 pm same here car shows 33107and app 33018
any one can ched light on this please.
Same here.
Just another example of VW’s software engineering prowess, I’m afraid.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Same here. I have reported it to the We Connect support but as of yet still noe reply from them.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

It's been suggested on the Fb ID3 forum (lifted from the Driver's Club) that if you enable Automatic Service Scheduling in the app it improves the mileage data in Tronity.
Given Tronity is nothing special and pulls the data from the same source, perhaps it will also improve the App data?

Connect App -> Settings -> Mobile Online Services -- Automatic Service Scheduling
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:40 am It's been suggested on the Fb ID3 forum (lifted from the Driver's Club) that if you enable Automatic Service Scheduling in the app it improves the mileage data in Tronity.
Given Tronity is nothing special and pulls the data from the same source, perhaps it will also improve the App data?

Connect App -> Settings -> Mobile Online Services -- Automatic Service Scheduling
That is already enabled on my iPhone app, so not working here.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:40 am It's been suggested on the Fb ID3 forum (lifted from the Driver's Club) that if you enable Automatic Service Scheduling in the app it improves the mileage data in Tronity.

This is what you have to do to allow Tronity to provide individual trip data too.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fatman

Post by fatman »

got this email it mean they cant do anything.

any one can esplain no1.please

Thank you for your patience, whilst we have investigated the issues, that you are experiencing with your services.

Please kindly be informed, that we have received a response from our advanced technical team, which let us know, that according to our analysis based of our internal tools, the vehicle is communicating.

In this regard, we kindly ask you if the Discrepancy between mileage in MIB and Volkswagen App appears, to perform following Workaround:

Workaround 1:
Please close the Volkswagen App, go to the car, open the door and turn ignition on.
Then open the Volkswagen App and update manually the vehicle status.

Workaround 2:
- Please close the Volkswagen App, wait for 20 minutes, then open the Volkswagen App and update manually the vehicle status.

If the issue persists, please provide us new evidences with an updated timestamp.

We thank you for your time and kind cooperation.

For any further digital services related inquiries, please know that you may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800 – 2797508 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference

Thank you for your patience, whilst we have investigated the issues, that you are experiencing with your services.

Please kindly be informed, that we have received a response from our advanced technical team, which let us know, that according to our analysis based of our internal tools, the vehicle is communicating.

In this regard, we kindly ask you if the Discrepancy between mileage in MIB and Volkswagen App appears, to perform following Workaround:

Workaround 1:
Please close the Volkswagen App, go to the car, open the door and turn ignition on.
Then open the Volkswagen App and update manually the vehicle status.

Workaround 2:
- Please close the Volkswagen App, wait for 20 minutes, then open the Volkswagen App and update manually the vehicle status.

If the issue persists, please provide us new evidences with an updated timestamp.

We thank you for your time and kind cooperation.

For any further digital services related inquiries, please know that you may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800 – 2797508 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always, a safe and pleasant journey with your Volkswagen ID.3.

Your Volkswagen team

for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always, a safe and pleasant journey with your Volkswagen ID.3.

Your Volkswagen team​
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I have a similar problem - the app in my case shows 0 miles.

I assume we're all talking about the VW mobile app, and from the home screen we're tapping 'Vehicle Health' and the first two lines on the subsequent screen show 'Total Distance', which in my case shows 0 mi, and Next service - which in my case currently shows 478 days.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Well this is a totally different reply to what I received, here is what I got;

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

We apologize for any inconvenience that may be being caused, and we will gladly assist you with the issues that you report.

To enable us to isolate the cause of the error and provide a solution, may we kindly ask for you to carry out the troubleshooting steps listed below. After which, we will provide the essential information necessary for further investigation, should the given steps not resolve the issue.

Before proceeding, please ensure that the following settings are in place within your ID.3:
The LED bulb for the SOS button is lit green when ignition switch is on (located near the rear view mirror).
The vehicle is not parked in a dead zone such as an underground car park.
If the answer to all of the above is yes, then please proceed with the steps below:

Uninstall the Volkswagen app.

Take a short drive (recommended 15 minutes).

With the ignition on, reboot the infotainment system. To do this simply press continuously on its Power On/Off button until the Volkswagen logo appears on the welcome screen.

Change the setting on the Infotainment system by tapping on "Users" and then the Cog on the bottom left. Choose "Privacy settings" and disable the "vehicle/usage data" and "send location data" for 20s and then re-enable them by moving the relevant toggle to the right.

Exit and lock your ID.3, leaving it stationary for 5 minutes.

Download the Volkswagen app and log in.

Ensure that the information has been updated.

In the situation that the above steps do not resolve the issue, please reply to this email and provide the following information so that we can investigate further. When providing screenshots, please enclose them as an attachment in JPEG format:
The date and time that the above given steps were taken.
Photo of the globe as displayed on the infotainment screen.
Photo of the LED bulb for the SOS button, as lit with the ignition on.
Screenshots showing the discrepancy between the mileage as displayed on the app and the dashboard.
Software version of your infotainment (menu → settings → system information).
Make, model and operating version of your smartphone device.
Version of the Volkswagen app installed.
Are all the other services working as designed?
We thank you for your time and cooperation.

Should you face any difficulty or for any further digital services related enquiries, please know that you may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800 – 279 750 8. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference 0002024733 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always, a safe and pleasant journey in your Volkswagen ID.3.

Your Volkswagen team

And yes you have probably guessed it. It did not work.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Newfie wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:20 am Well this is a totally different reply to what I received, here is what I got;

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

Your Volkswagen team

And yes you have probably guessed it. It did not work.
This was their reply after sending back the info they requested;

Thank you for your reply.

The mileage screenshot from Volkswagen app does not indicate the current total mileage of the vehicle.

It is the mileage at which the last Vehicle Health Report took place.

In contrast to that show in the ID.Cockpit Odometer which is the current mileage of the vehicle.

We thank you for your time and cooperation.

Should you face any difficulty or for any further digital services related enquiries, please know that you may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800 – 279 750 8. We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference 0002024733 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always, a safe and pleasant journey in your Volkswagen ID.3.

Your Volkswagen team

This reply was bulls**t, Them trying to say its the mileage from when a Health Report is created.
I did not bother returning an email saying this, I called them and told them their reply was Bulls**t.
I told them that if what they were saying is correct to please explain why my last Health Report was on the 18th July and the mileage shown was clocked up on the 24th July.
I said for the 6 days it worked it was counting up.
The guy I spoke to could not explain anything but he did agree that the reply was not correct. He then went on to say that he would escalate this issue.

So lets see how long it takes to sort this out as they still have not sorted the incorrect range that sometimes occurs.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

For what it's worth I think the issue is only affecting cars on 3.2. I am on 3.0 OTA so don't have the odometer and vehicle health report in the VW app, but I am still getting updates from the car to the Tronity app and that still has the correct odometer reading, and is continuing to update. I understand that the Tronity odometer has frozen along with the VW app odometer for people who have this problem.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Yes . trinity also miles frozen
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

I'm on 3.2 an mine looks OK, car app and eevee all reporting 11029
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
fatman

Post by fatman »

MattgID3 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:26 pm I'm on 3.2 an mine looks OK, car app and eevee all reporting 11029
you are lucky man
Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

Same problem here. 3.2 installed at the dealership following 2.4 and 12v battery change etc.

Odometer reading updated reliably in vehicle health tab of iPhone app and continued to do so for at least six weeks.

Reading no longer updates. Suspect this came with a recent update to the VW app. I wonder how they test their software before releasing it.

All these workaround suggestions from VW seem like nonsense. I wouldn't waste my time trying them.

I must say that the overall experience with software 3.2 is quite good. Finally the car offers the features promised in December 2020 when it was delivered. Prior to the 3.2 update, I swore I would never buy a VW product ever again. Now, I would consider a VW but it would not be a first choice.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

This problem seems to have been resolved.
VW We Connect Support sent me an email yesterday asking me if the problem was still there.
Been out this morning and it seems as if it is now working again.
I did have an update for the VW app on Android and it is now on Ver 3.0.26
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Newfie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:44 am This problem seems to have been resolved.
VW We Connect Support sent me an email yesterday asking me if the problem was still there.
I’m using IOS and this also is now showing the correct mileage in the app. I am loath to say it’s fixed though, as I’ve thought this before about the miles/kilometer reading for the available distance remaining, and then it breaks again.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Scratch wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:58 am
Newfie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:44 am This problem seems to have been resolved.
I’m using IOS and this also is now showing the correct mileage in the app. I am loath to say it’s fixed though, as I’ve thought this before about the miles/kilometer reading for the available distance remaining, and then it breaks again.
I think it is a fix as I think was too much of a coincidence that there was an app update followed by an email from VW.
But I know where you are coming from.
Lets hope its fixed.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Newfie wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:19 am
Scratch wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:58 am
I think it is a fix as I think was too much of a coincidence that there was an app update followed by an email from VW.
But I know where you are coming from.
Lets hope its fixed.
My IOS app hasn’t been updated in ages. Certainly not in the last few days.