Ionity plug n charge stopped working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
BinMan

Post by BinMan »

Subscription active, certificate installed and enabled in car etc…

First couple of charges worked perfectly, just plug in and the charge would automatically start.

Now I’m having to use my rfid card to start the charge going.

Anyone else experienced this and sorted it?

Thanks.

N21

Post by N21 »

Yeah, there’s another thread active around a similar topic. I’ve noticed Plug & Charge has disappeared for IONITY chargers in the app as well; I’m wondering if IONITY has discontinued this functionality.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

N21 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:34 pm Yeah, there’s another thread active around a similar topic. I’ve noticed Plug & Charge has disappeared for IONITY chargers in the app as well; I’m wondering if IONITY has discontinued this functionality.
Disappeared from which app, if I may ask?
N21

Post by N21 »

Scratch wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:25 pm
N21 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:34 pm Yeah, there’s another thread active around a similar topic. I’ve noticed Plug & Charge has disappeared for IONITY chargers in the app as well; I’m wondering if IONITY has discontinued this functionality.
Oh sorry I mean the VW app. If you go on the map screen and filter for Plug & Charge, IONITY chargers no longer appear.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

N21 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:50 pm
Oh sorry I mean the VW app. If you go on the map screen and filter for Plug & Charge, IONITY chargers no longer appear.
True but I don’t think any of those filter settings work. Another example of VW software design, possibly?
N21

Post by N21 »

Scratch wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:05 pm
N21 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:50 pm

True but I don’t think any of those filter settings work. Another example of VW software design, possibly?
They certainly used to. IONITY was only removed relatively recently.
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

I noticed it had disappeared too but when I visited Ionity at the Triangle in Perth this evening it negotiated Plug & Charge straight away and didn't need my card. Quite confusing!!

And I got 119kW peak which I was delighted at!!
ID.3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White & East Derry Wheels
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Collected from Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird on 01 April 2023
BinMan

Post by BinMan »

Thanks for your replies.

Sounds like a software bug then for me. Maybe it will clear in the future. Until then, RFID it is.
StewartManley

Post by StewartManley »

I have both the lonity and P+C filters, but the latter does not work. Successfully used P+C in Calais a little over a week ago, however.
2021 Tour Pro S, software v3.2, Stonewashed Blue.
lntelligent Octopus Go. Zappi. Solar.
EV driver since early 2018. E-cyclist. Retired.
Octopus referral https://share.octopus.energy/tough-lark-325
Big_GT

Post by Big_GT »

AlistairL wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:41 pm
I noticed it had disappeared too but when I visited Ionity at the Triangle in Perth this evening it negotiated Plug & Charge straight away and didn't need my card. Quite confusing!!

That's decent speed for the Triangle, never got over 95kw regardless of how low I turn up, but it could be because my cars heating control module isn't working so limiting speed.
Moonstone Grey ID.3 Max 2023
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Big_GT wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:38 pm
AlistairL wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:41 pm

That's decent speed for the Triangle, never got over 95kw regardless of how low I turn up, but it could be because my cars heating control module isn't working so limiting speed.
I was trying to game my numbers on Tronity - I arrived with 8% and made sure Climate was switched off.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Slightly off-topic but on-topic if you know what I mean, I used electroverse to charge today and was interested by the plug & charge option. I didn't know that it was possible to sign up on supported ID cars with someone other than WeCharge. Only Ionity support plug & charge but such is....

I signed up straight away with WeCharge when I collected my ID.3 anyway.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I’ve used plug and charge via Electroverse. Works perfectly (though only with Ionity).

However according to another thread here I don’t think you can have plug and charge with BOTH Ionity and Electroverse.
BinMan

Post by BinMan »

Was at ionity Glasgow earlier and ‘We charge’ plug n charge worked. Took about 3mins though to get the charge underway.

Had been at Gretna earlier but no joy.

If I need to wait that amount of time may as well just use rfid.

Ah well.