If you could have ONE feature

The place to discuss everything else..
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

So if you could change or add one feature, what would it be?

I wish the car would lock when I walk away from it. I have forgotten to lock it many times!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:34 am So if you could change or add one feature, what would it be?

I wish the car would lock when I walk away from it. I have forgotten to lock it many times!
I am neurotic about “have I locked the car”, usually after I have walked away from the car an hour later. I have got into the habit of taking a quick photo of the car after I lock it, as I have the door mirrors set to fold when locked, so I know it’s OK. Sad isn’t it?

One feature? As I only have the lowly “Life” version, I wish it had a sensor in the boot to stop me locking the key in there.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Longer range in winter.

And if I could have two features the second would be physical buttons to switch AC, heated seats and heated steering wheel on/off with one touch each.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Physical rotating dials for the driver and passenger climate control, with the centre of the dial controlling the heated seat (I had this arrangement in a previous car, wonderful)
id3 Max 2021
StuartT

Post by StuartT »

Sherlock wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:07 pm Longer range in winter.

And if I could have two features the second would be physical buttons to switch AC, heated seats and heated steering wheel on/off with one touch each.
Use two fingers, sorry it's not one!, and tap the hot and cold temperature "buttons" at the same time. That turns the heated seat on and further taps will lower the temp and turn them off. I hope this helps! Cheers.
Glacier white, Life Pro. August 2021
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

To not be capable of OTA updates. That would have solved so much grief and expectation over the years :D
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Lane assist off by default or a single action to disable it.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Not really a feature but I'd prefer it with the boot painted instead of black.
If it had to be a software/tech feature, I'd take the preheating functions that they have previewed in cars with 4.0. That looks really useful.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

MotMot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:45 pm To not be capable of OTA updates. That would have solved so much grief and expectation over the years :D
I would ban dealer updates! :lol:
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

I would have a time for all settings to be remembered, say, 10 minutes, after I get out the car. Maybe even a user set option.
If i need to jump out the car to, say, post a letter, get something out the boot or pop into a shop I've got to go through the menu systems to get the car back to my preferred settings.
I live rurally and find the lane assists see's overbanding and changes in the road surface and tries to readjust, more often than not I switch this off. It's great on the motorway though.
If I'm in any other mode other than comfort mode the car rests to comfort mode.
I used set the interior lights to some custom colours and brightness that I like, they reset at restart as well
The Climate Control sometimes changes (AC on or Off, Temp changes) but not always which is confusing.

Other than that I'm a happy boy
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2
Big_GT

Post by Big_GT »

The only thing I would like, but it's not a huge deal is the option for the car not to turn off when I get out every time, it's a bit of a faff when just getting out to open a gate etc
Moonstone Grey ID.3 Max 2023
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

Big_GT wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:48 pm The only thing I would like, but it's not a huge deal is the option for the car not to turn off when I get out every time, it's a bit of a faff when just getting out to open a gate etc
That too :-)
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Mine both relate to the App. The ability to unlock and lock the car remotely and secondly to have much more journeys information available. My Volvo XC40’s App was able to display the the last 100 journeys (able to be edited with names) start/stop time of journey, fuel consumption, distance travelled etc. really helpful when you’ve got a memory like sieve.
Id.3 Launch edition 3
Moonstone Grey
Ohme home pro
Boattrainman

Post by Boattrainman »

Car to come with a spare wheel, or at least a mini wheel, I know VW not the only offender on this, but has to be the single biggest step backwards in the motoring trade in decades!
2021 Pro Performance Max
White with East Derry Alloys
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Don’t update the games app when the car can’t remember the last setting of the wing mirror last time I was in it.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Zoom out button on map so you can see the range without 2 finger zoom, simular to rocket zoom out on skodas.

Another one would be profiles linked to keys.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

StuartT wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:21 pm
Sherlock wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:07 pm Longer range in winter.

Use two fingers, sorry it's not one!, and tap the hot and cold temperature "buttons" at the same time. That turns the heated seat on and further taps will lower the temp and turn them off. I hope this helps! Cheers.
I must confess I had forgotten you can do this. Probably because I struggled to get my two fingers to work in unison and found it more problematic than going into the climate system. Oh, and also because you can't find the controls in the dark because they are not lit up.

I struggle with two finger zoom on the navigation too - maybe it's just me.
Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

The behaviour of Predictive Cruise Control on passing a national speed limit (aka ‘derestricted’) sign is potentially dangerous.
On many single carriageway roads it is unwise and/or uncomfortable to drive at the national speed limit and so you may choose to set the Cruise Control to a lower speed.
However when leaving a speed-restricted area the PCC will attempt to swiftly accelerate to the relevant national speed limit.

The PCC needs to be modified (or at least have a ‘sticky’ user setting) so that it will only speed up to the value which was previously specified by the driver.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Gwyver wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:54 am The behaviour of Predictive Cruise Control on passing a national speed limit (aka ‘derestricted’) sign is potentially dangerous.
On many single carriageway roads it is unwise and/or uncomfortable to drive at the national speed limit and so you may choose to set the Cruise Control to a lower speed.
However when leaving a speed-restricted area the PCC will attempt to swiftly accelerate to the relevant national speed limit.

The PCC needs to be modified (or at least have a ‘sticky’ user setting) so that it will only speed up to the value which was previously specified by the driver.
Speed traffic signs are a pain when they don't relate to you. ie We have a 60mph road with random reminders for lorries the speed is 40mph and then the car brakes excessively and not in a safe manner. Same when approaching villages, at the first countdown reminder of a 30mph on go the brakes. Whoever is in charge of signage needs to sort something out.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

DumfriesDik wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:41 am
Gwyver wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:54 am The behaviour of Predictive Cruise Control on passing a national speed limit (aka ‘derestricted’) sign is potentially dangerous.

Speed traffic signs are a pain when they don't relate to you. ie We have a 60mph road with random reminders for lorries the speed is 40mph and then the car brakes excessively and not in a safe manner. Same when approaching villages, at the first countdown reminder of a 30mph on go the brakes. Whoever is in charge of signage needs to sort something out.
Ever driven in Holland? Their speed signs on motorways often have 2 limits (side by side). One is for mainly daytime driving, the other for the night. How would any car system sort that one out?