Buying a 2021 150kW Life Pro Performance 58kWh

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Shaklin

Post by Shaklin »

I'm looking tomorrow, Wednesday, December 20, at a 2021 iD3 Life Pro Performance 53kWh 5 dr.with 35,000 miles. It has had one owner and was originally bought in April, 2021. I'll check body condition, service history, etc., but is there anything I should know about this model - good or bad - before going ahead and purchasing. It has had all the software updated. I do see that the model March - August, 2021, was superseded by another model and I wonder if there were major changes introduced then.
Thanks for any thoughts. I'm new at this.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Check there are no outstanding recalls or work due. Along with the latest (3.2) software update there was a mandatory battery check that some cars failed and need a cell replacement, but there is a backlog at the garages that can do battery work. You wouldn't want ideally to buy a car that was due that work.
Otherwise, nothing specific. The Life specification did change s couple of times. I think from that era it will probably be the lowest spec and won't have (eg) reversing camera or keyless entry, which some later Life models got for a while. Just check you are happy with the spec of the car you see.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
farrj032

Post by farrj032 »

I am aware that some ID3's needed to have a tyre check and free replacement if necessary. I had mine replaced foc.
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

The UK recall page fails to work for UK owners :? However the Aussie one works though :D
https://www.volkswagen.com.au/app/local ... ns-recalls
iD3 Tour 77kWh, White 73 Plate.
Octopus energy £50 referral https://share.octopus.energy/ashen-mule-519

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
Shaklin

Post by Shaklin »

Thanks everybody, for being quick off the mark. I'm looking at the car this afternoon. It's a VW dealer who has the car calling it in from a Fiat dealer, and has spent three days going through various recalls and updates. I'll check on the 3.2 software, which I think they've been doing, but I didn't know the battery check was mandatory, I'll get the tyres checked also, someone mentioned on a thread here that they went through two sets of tyres in two years, I'm hoping to get at least a one year warranty. Your comments much appreciated.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Shaklin wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:58 pm Thanks everybody, for being quick off the mark. I'm looking at the car this afternoon. It's a VW dealer who has the car calling it in from a Fiat dealer, and has spent three days going through various recalls and updates. I'll check on the 3.2 software, which I think they've been doing, but I didn't know the battery check was mandatory, I'll get the tyres checked also, someone mentioned on a thread here that they went through two sets of tyres in two years, I'm hoping to get at least a one year warranty. Your comments much appreciated.
The OEM Bridgestones tyres often don't last well. Some of the Goodyears had a recall on them. The Continentals are good.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.