Are all these issues normal

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
verdomde

Post by verdomde »

There seems to be a lot of bugs.

The most annoying ones are related to my profile/settings/preferences, which are being forgotten.

Speed preview, end of road preview and road ahead preview won't stay off, neither will the front assist settings (there are 3 of them but I can't remember the names) I have to go through all these settings every time I start the car, even if just stopping at a shop.

Any changes I make to the interior led's and the daft shoe illumination led are periodically forgotten.

When I start the car the user log in screen stays lit up, Having to press the screen every time I start the car is so annoying.

I've tried syncing from the phone app. Syncing from the car just resets the settings. I've tried rebooting the infotainment, factory resetting the infotainment, removing my profile and factory resetting and choosing remind me later (guest mode to avoid the login screen, but then the app doesn't let me control charging)

Nothing seems to work and I think this car is just terrible... Actively stressing me out and angering me every time i drive it and taking my attention from the road when i forget to reset the settings until I am on the road...

Is anyone aware of a fix? It's a lease, so I don't know if I'd be charged to get it fixed? Would it be fixed under warranty? Any advice appreciated.....
P

verdomde

Post by verdomde »

Additionally, the infotainment has restarted itself when i was driving, twice that I recall
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Sorry i just get in the car and drive it perhaps you should get the bus if it winds you up so much
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

There is a known dealer fix for this issue of the personal settings being reset regularly. Someone who has had it done might comment with the TPI code. I lieu of that just call your local VW dealer and hook it in. Being a lease shouldn't matter if it's under warranty.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
verdomde

Post by verdomde »

Amazing, thanks, I was braced for someone to tell me I wouldn't be able to switch all this stuff off permanently, phew
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

You can't turn off lane assist permanently and you will always have to press Ok on startup. I'm not sure about front assist (although I have it set permanently to low sensitivity and it almost never acts). Everything else on your list should be permanent. This resetting issue is a fault that affects cars built from software 3.0 and beyond. As long as your dealer correctly diagnosed the problem, I understand it's a quick software patch.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

My car (built mid-2021) also suffers from selective intermittent amnesia, perhaps linked to the 3.2 update

One night it decided to charge to 100% - impressive, because it takes multiple swipes/prods etc to do this either in the car or from the app. Then it often forgets that KESSY is supposed to let me in by touching the door handle - but no, have to fish out the key, press the plipper....but then it will work faultlessly for the rest of the day. And just for a laugh, when I can eventually open the driver's door, sometimes all the rear doors remain locked

Never mind, I'm in the driver's seat, all is good. Er, no, because it's forgotten the DCC settings and mode, so I have to re-select 'individual' and then adjust each of the settings (round here, with the horrific state of the roads, suspension is set on 'fully-soft' and it's still not soft enough). Then off we go! Only to find that it's decided to implement the feature in ACC which slows the car's speed according to what it thinks the speed limit is - which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't misread the limit, or read speed limit signs in a side-road I'm passing, or just read a speed limit sign that, well, just doesn't exist. Which I why I turned that feature off, but lordy, here it is again, hello, thought you'd got rid of me did you?

Every journey is an adventure in randomised software....
id3 Max 2021
Lithium Brian

Post by Lithium Brian »

Kwr68 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:09 pm Sorry i just get in the car and drive it perhaps you should get the bus if it winds you up so much
How does this sort of response help anyone? Do you feel better now you spat out some venom, Kwr68?

There's a lot of this on this forum.
TimF

Post by TimF »

SinglePointSafety wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:49 pm ... it often forgets that KESSY is supposed to let me in by touching the door handle - but no, have to fish out the key, press the plipper....but then it will work faultlessly for the rest of the day. And just for a laugh, when I can eventually open the driver's door, sometimes all the rear doors remain locked ...
I've had this keylesslessness intermittently for a long time. At first, it was unusual, didn't bother. When it became more common, I reported it at service, checked and "no fault found" / "no recorded faults". Still there, took it in again. Nothing. Fault normally showed up first thing in the morning, so they came out to collect the car (no fault that day). Spent the day trying it, no problem. Next morning they still had no problem. No problem during the day. But when the went to shift the car before calling me to collect it, it went wrong for them. So it's now accepted as a fault, referred to VW, no further developments. Except that a couple of days back even pressing the buttons wouldn't work - the key was active and operating, as the boot could be opened (as it always does - it's the door locks which are the issue). Having opened / closed the boot, the button to unlock the car started working again.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic?
Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

My experience of the loss of keyless access is that it occurs during prolonged spells of cold wet weather and is most likely to occur on cold mornings. I also notice that it often only affects the driver side door - which when I park at home is on the side facing the prevailing weather.
To date, the fault resolves after a day or so of dry weather.
moomin

Post by moomin »

You can't turn off lane assist permanently and you will always have to press Ok on startup.
These two things annoy me as well. I really hope this will be fixed this in a future release.

The lane assist can make sudden movements and be dangerous when the road is slippery. Luckily it is mostly not detecting anything in winter weather, but I'm surprised it is even legal to automatically re-enable. There have to be some accidents caused by this.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

moomin wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:15 pm
You can't turn off lane assist permanently and you will always have to press Ok on startup.
These two things annoy me as well. I really hope this will be fixed this in a future release.

The lane assist can make sudden movements and be dangerous when the road is slippery. Luckily it is mostly not detecting anything in winter weather, but I'm surprised it is even legal to automatically re-enable. There have to be some accidents caused by this.
It won't. Lane assist on startup gives them a higher euro ncap score. That's why it's a common thing now across many brands. With new car models you also have a speed limit warning sound that is also turned in at every startup (which for my money is much more annoying than Lane assist!) This is apparently part of a new EU regulation.
If you think Lane assist is dangerous, complain to euro ncap.

The OK button was introduced from version 3.0 onwards and is still there in version 4.0 on new models. I don't see any prospect of it changing.
verdomde

Post by verdomde »

Thanks for all the input (except @Kwr68 of course :p)
I took it to a dealer, they said they installed an update. The personal preferences like lights and temp now remain. But the Speed, Road Ahead, And end of traffic Previews all keep coming back on every time i exit the vehicle,so annoying. They said they hoped the fix for the preferences would help but it hadn't. So I will take it back, sigh...
Also annoying that the OK button is a permanent feature :/
I turned off Lane assist with an obd11, so there is at least that..
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Gwyver wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:46 pm My experience of the loss of keyless access is that it occurs during prolonged spells of cold wet weather and is most likely to occur on cold mornings. I also notice that it often only affects the driver side door - which when I park at home is on the side facing the prevailing weather.
To date, the fault resolves after a day or so of dry weather.
Yep, that pretty much coincides with my experience with a few more weeks of data - my id3 isn't a 'morning person' and won't let me in first thing if it's cold, need to press that key fob ("daahling, how awfully retro") then KESSY works fine for the rest of the day :roll:
id3 Max 2021