High pitched noise?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Vintage

Post by Vintage »

Hi,

I had the same problem. As others suggested, it was the high voltage heater.

One service acknowledged the noise, but could not find the cause, but other service identified the part and completely replaced it. The exact part number is 1EA 963 581 F. I don't know if the whole heater needed to be replaced, but it worked.

Just some more info on my noise: this high pitched whine/buzz was only audible when driving in D/B or R. If you switched to N when driving it disappears, it is also gone when the car stops completely in autohold. It's back as soon as you touch the acc pedal. Speed or AC had almost no impact.

zedocoding

Post by zedocoding »

Hello. I have the same noise, but my id have heat pump, I don't know if I have the high voltage heater???
johh

Post by johh »

I can confirm that the PTC-heater with this "clip" is installed also on ID.3:s with heat pump. I had mine at the workshop today in order to get the clip removed. Just got it back and had the first journey without this high pitched noise since we bought the car some weeks back. Hope it stays quiet!
zedocoding

Post by zedocoding »

johh wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:13 pm I can confirm that the PTC-heater with this "clip" is installed also on ID.3:s with heat pump. I had mine at the workshop today in order to get the clip removed. Just got it back and had the first journey without this high pitched noise since we bought the car some weeks back. Hope it stays quiet!
Hello
Where is the clip? My car is out of warranty and I wanna try to remove it at my workshop.