unable to control heating or air con again

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
stevenbraiden35

Post by stevenbraiden35 »

I had this problem last August and VW took car in and done a software update that took 2 days and to be fair the issue did go away. Now in January 2024 the car is doing the exact same thing again. The car is stuck on 24 degrees. Not too bad a problem on a frosty morning but I have no way to turn it off. I can’t put heated car seats on or steering wheel heat, nothing works on the climate control screen. Also speed warning signs on the dashboard disappears when this error occurs.

Of course they didn’t find any fault and the software update I thought had fixed it. So is this a thing after a few months?
No doubt If I book it in with VW it will be working fine and they won’t see the problem.

Anyone else have this issue and have they had a resolution?

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0054.png

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Haven't heard of that specifically before, it's not a common glitch. I suspect you have some sort of underlying fault in your car.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
stevenbraiden35

Post by stevenbraiden35 »

Yea the dealer said they hadn’t seen it either but I didn’t really believe them. Such a frustrating issue to have.