Unable to login as Primary user

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Nerdy

Post by Nerdy »

I had to reset my car ( iD.3 first edition, software 3.2) as couldn't get Intelligent Octopus to "find the car"

Now I can't login as Primary user. Tried adding using QR code in car and aslo via app by adding VIN, still no luck.

The notification on the car says successfully added as Primary user, but I'm not listed under users (just guest) and the app says limited services

I have ensured my profile is complete on VW io website, but still no luck

Via the car says interrupted with a T&Cs link/ QR code, but link takes me to site which says added as guest

Via app, gets Complete profile - aborted (with no option to fix)

Any ideas?

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Nerdy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:33 pm I had to reset my car ( iD.3 first edition, software 3.2) as couldn't get Intelligent Octopus to "find the car"

Now I can't login as Primary user. Tried adding using QR code in car and aslo via app by adding VIN, still no luck.

The notification on the car says successfully added as Primary user, but I'm not listed under users (just guest) and the app says limited services

I have ensured my profile is complete on VW io website, but still no luck

Via the car says interrupted with a T&Cs link/ QR code, but link takes me to site which says added as guest

Via app, gets Complete profile - aborted (with no option to fix)

Any ideas?
You're having better luck than me. VW UK told me to delete the primary user and then re-add. Much the same as the ubiquitous “unplug and reconnect your PC” when it decides to throw a wobbler. Unfortunately, I don't even get the QR code appear, just a blank white screen. It’s booked in next Monday but the techs at the dealership have never seen this issue before. My ID3 has gone from super reliable to damned problematic.
Nerdy

Post by Nerdy »

Actually that has worked for me (added a completely new VW id)

VW Actually asked me for loads of pictures/screenshot/ videos even after being on the phone with me for 30 minutes telling them each option they asked me to try I had already done at least 3 times.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Nerdy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:21 pm Actually that has worked for me (added a completely new VW id)

VW Actually asked me for loads of pictures/screenshot/ videos even after being on the phone with me for 30 minutes telling them each option they asked me to try I had already done at least 3 times.
Funnily enough, I was sitting in the car yesterday waiting for my wife, so I thought I would try again. Guess what? It worked. Unfortunately, the reason VW told me to delete and re-add my profile, hasn’t been cured by this “clutching at straws” method. In fact, the car now has even more problems.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

The Moon is 238,855 miles away, when the Japanese moon lander vehicle failed, they managed to fix it remotely. My first car was a Mini, when it played up, a quick spray of WD40 or a moisture repellent and I was on my way. VW on the other hand do not appear to be able to build a reliable moveable computer or find a way of fixing it without it staying in a dealership for weeks on end. We are not as advanced as we would like to think we are.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

the.kes wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:14 am The Moon is 238,855 miles away, when the Japanese moon lander vehicle failed, they managed to fix it remotely. My first car was a Mini, when it played up, a quick spray of WD40 or a moisture repellent and I was on my way. VW on the other hand do not appear to be able to build a reliable moveable computer or find a way of fixing it without it staying in a dealership for weeks on end. We are not as advanced as we would like to think we are.
It’s pretty obvious VW had nothing to do with moon landers - thankfully.