Orange warnings during storm

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Kabfab

Post by Kabfab »

I got caught driving in a series of storm cells yesterday, deluge of rain, lightening etc. Loads of orange warning dashboard lights lit up, e.g. skid warning, no forward sensing available (not surprising - cars were down to 20-30 mph on motorway). There were more lights than I could take in while driving in those conditions One light looked like a coiled charger lead but I wasn’t able to identify it afterwards from online lists. Is this colourful dashboard something others have experienced?

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Not here? Sounds hairy. Drove in conditions like that some years back in Switzerland when traffic came to a standstill.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Daveion wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:52 pm Not here? Sounds hairy. Drove in conditions like that some years back in Switzerland when traffic came to a standstill.
Similar here, no problems so far since owning the ID.3 but was brought to a standstill on the Autobahn on my way down to the Southern Black Forest a few years ago in rain I cannot begin to describe.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I recall this is mentioned somewhere in the manual – that the sensors may not work in bad weather. It also happened to my ID.3 but after the very heavy rain cleared, so did the warnings.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I had it in my tiguan a few times in heavy rain, front sensor unavailable. I had red warning triangles also in 29 degree weather that disappeared. I had the car checked last week, they plugged it in and no record of the errors.